I'm not sure if it has been said in the suggestion box, but I would love to have a terrarium. The ability to plant the fruit/nut bearing plants, plant mycelia, or plant bacon. The terrarium could also be used to grow your own native species.
This opens up things like:
- Finding egg sacks of the insect like creatures.
- Finding children of the beat like creatures.
- Finding seeds of the poison spraying plants.
- A tranquilizer gun and/or net gun to capture the animals.
- Farms that are close to home.
- Turning aggressive fauna non-aggressive through new milestones that require eggs, animal matter, scanned data of contained animals, seeds, poison gas canisters, etc.
- Guard "dogs" of sorts would be fun but probably a lot of work.
- Poison gas farming could also lead to new weapons or defenses.
- Poison gas farming could also lead to the ability to disperse large areas of poison gas for a limited time via some sort of built/place air purifier.
- Poison gas farming could also allow traversal of a new swamp biome.
- Grow power slugs even.
- Obtaining water as a resource to grow plants or feed animals.
- A new gun that sucks up water into the players pocket dimension.
A terrarium would open up a lot of new paths. There could be 2-3 smaller versions (edible plants, animal, gas plant) or something large like the space elevator that has 5 individual slots of sorts. Collection could either be through manual labor or a small storage box located on the terrarium model.